- Classes are conducted in the days and hours designated by the Dean's Office, which are described in detail in the classes schedule.
- Classes include: lectures, seminars and practical exercises on phantoms.
- Lectures available through an e-learning platform.
- At the first class, students will receive a Classes Card. On the card student is obliged to document his/hers attendance to every class separately and that the class was successfully graded by the teacher (by a signature). The student is required to bring the classes card to the secretariat of the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy in order to obtain course credit.
- Course credit can be obtained at the end of classes on the basis of active participation of students in the classes, positive results of a written knowledge test, good ratings from various other forms of knowledge tests (forms of self-education and skills tests to verify the theoretical and practical knowledge).
- The basis of course credit is attending all classes and at least a sufficient knowledge in the field of first aid. During the course there is one excused absence allowed. Final knowledge test contains 20 tasks. Designated time for the test is 20 minutes. In case of failure on the completion of the final test, students have an opportunity to take an oral examination in the time agreed with the Head of the Exercises.
- Students are strongly asked for cultural behaviour and required to follow the regulations in the hospital. Coats and larger bags must be left in the locker room.
- Each student is required to follow regulations of the studies of Medical University of Silesia in Katowice.
- Recommended training materials include: 1) First Aid Manual. Revised 10th Edition. Dorling Kindersley Ltd., London 2016; 2) 2015 Guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation - www.erc.edu 3). Materials, topics and issues discussed during lectures and seminars.
The key to access lectures on the e-learning platform: firstaid